Thursday, April 19, 2007

my carrot cake and i

After catching an episode of Nigella Feasts, i was all psyched to start baking again, after a rather long haitus. This had also something to do with a slice of carrot cake i had over the weekend at Secret Recipe. Since then, my hands were itching to start baking again. and tada!!! i'm so proud of myself (and if i had recorded myself on digicam, you could see that i was literally dancing with joy as i had the first bite of my carrot cake all smothered with cream cheese frosting)..and before that, while covering up the whole cake with my "first time buat cream cheese frosting terus jadi" i was already happy with myself that the cake was looking like the one i had at SR...and even cheesier, i was humming to the tune of "mencintaimu". yeah..hahah that's how happy i get when something i want turns out just the way i wanted it. unfortunately, my camera is kaput. so sorry guys, no pictures. but i tell u, it's sooooooo good one!!

5 Comments:

Blogger My So-Called Life said...

You know, I am so surprised by how so into cooking and baking you are! You are quite domesticated...a side I never realized before. When I see Fara, I never thot this side of you. Still waters do run deep :-)

So very respect you la. Here I am with just lotsa water in her fridge and junk food in the pantry! No wonder my kids are such junk food freaks!

9:40 AM  
Blogger dillazag said...

Fara,
Bake some for me!!!

12:40 PM  
Blogger NORA ANSHAR said...

so... have tried the recipe that i gave you? how did it turn out?

10:57 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You bake? Show me pictures lah, baru percaya....

3:47 AM  
Blogger fara-k said...

ehem...joey, as a matter of fact i do more than baking ok. i'm quite domesticated. ok i'll put up some pictures of the my cakes when i get the time yea..

noresh, no, but i will definitely give it a try soon. i'm currently going thru a chocolate phase...so lotsa brownies, and chocolate cakes going on..

k dillz...long time no hear..will try to bake for u...ibu mengandung :)

ninz,
yes, another person who finds it bizarre that i actually bake..yes, that's the other side of me whom not many know about...i'm trying to perfect my baking skills..so i can make cakes for any ocassion!

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home