Tuesday, March 27, 2007

cinta medik...seriously?

i was relaxing in front of the tv one evening and a local drama caught my attention. it's called cinta medik and what made me stay on to watch the pathetic drama was that i could not help but see the attempt of our local producers to (once again) clone a western show. and in this case, it's poor Grey's Anatomy.

the cast is made up of 6 people (3 girls and 3 boys...can't get any cliche than this, can they?). the funny thing is they look more like giddy high school students than real doctors. what with the immature looks, and the limited vocabulary and the ohh so plastic acting..and instead of sounding really smart, the most technical the script can get is by one of them mentioning some combination word-letter phrase which didn't really sound too technical.

anyway, despite the lameness of the show, i stayed on and watched..just for kicks..when are we going to get some real shows??

5 Comments:

Blogger My So-Called Life said...

ya, i've caught glimpses of it. You know there are times where I just want to give our local shows a chance, but when I do I always get disappointed in the end. I stayed through one of the cerekarama movies because superficially the story was interesting, but you know how it ended - it was all the main character's dream! How lame and cliche is that?? So menyakitkan hati aje...

But I must say our movies have improved a little la...given efforts made like Cinta, and all the Yasmin Ahmad's stuff..cuma sometimes I find her to be a little syok sendiri :-)

Off topic - want to ask you. Where are you lecturing now, and how did you get into this line? I am exploring as to how how best I start my career in academic when I am middle of my career as opposed to starting from the beginning.

1:58 PM  
Blogger DebtSurvivor said...

Oh really? I must look out for this then... Just to see the Msian version of GA...kekeke

2:22 PM  
Blogger My So-Called Life said...

woman...you've been tagged. so spill the beans...I know there are some weirdness in you...

10:20 AM  
Blogger Zetty said...

i agree with u. drama cinta medik tu memang tahapa-tahapa betul. i prefer Dunia Baru :D

3:29 PM  
Blogger Azurah Anuar said...

that show sucks.

it's nowhere near to GA, or House, or Scrubs, or (the list goes on).

I stopped watching it after the 2nd episode.

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home