Wednesday, February 15, 2006

my water heater

Our water heater in the bathroom has stopped functioning since before the Chinese New Year. With the long holiday and all, i was patient enough to wait until the shops re-open after the CNY. As soon as most of the shops started operating again, i called the service center to ask if someone could come and have a look at the water heater...but much to my dismay, my calls were either unanswered, answered, but with a fax tone, answered by somebody who only managed to tell me that she was going to ask the technician to make an appointment with me (which i waited ages for that call to come). by then i was getting rather agitated with making phone calls to the service center which were so damn lembap in so many ways. so, being me, curious and all, i climbed (yes...with my big stomach and all) the ladder to see if it was something to do with the wiring/electric socket. i had a hunch that it did. so, i unscrewed the 3-pin plug to see if the wires were well in place....everything looked ok..so i think there was something wrong with the socket on the wall (as the switch could not be turned on or off). so, i thought that was as much as i could do, anything more would require an electrician. so, i looked high and low for the electrician number..and luckily, he was free sometime in the evening...after changing the socket on the wall, my water heater was working again!!! and i only had to pay 8 bucks for it! Had i asked the chinaman from the service center to come, he would have wanted 35 bucks for the same job!!!

and guess what? this morning, the service center called me (a few times, all unanswered) and left a message:

chinaman: Halo Miss Fara...i am calling from Centon water heater. please call me back at 019 XXXXXXXX.

me (to myself): now only you call me ah??? fix already laahh!!! duhh..

2 Comments:

Blogger DebtSurvivor said...

hehehehe..u are still an engineer deep down inside... :) becareful next time tho! You must remember that you have a lil one inside you!!!

2:06 PM  
Blogger Zetty said...

thats what we called "ask for 2nd opinion" heheh...nasib baik tak sia2 jek kena charge RM 35.

p/s: aiyaks woman, beraninya panjat tangga with the big stomach and all. Memang super mommy la.

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home