Monday, January 23, 2006

productive day but i'm feeling pooped

It's been a week since my last entry. I really wanted to write something earlier, but nothing exciting has been happening for the last one week as my activity partner (hubby dearie) is away in a far far away land...so, basically, for the last week, i have been with my son and maid, and my parents and parents in-law ocassionally. Thank god, he is cutting his trip short (as he also realized that it is no fun traveling without the wife). and we miss each other terribly. so, we've decided no more traveling solo...(why didn't i follow? well, i can barely walk for more than 20 minutes and prefer to lie down every now and then to stretch my back...how in the world would i be able to stand such a long flight and the amount of walking there?) so, i thought he should go without me, since i've been to the place before, plus it's not really a vacation, vacation, per say. it's more of like visiting somebody.

so anyways, since he's been away, we've been sms-ing, chatting on yahoo and calling each other...until yesterday...when i didn't hear from him after 12 hours..then i started to feel my stomach squeezing..my smses were'nt answered, neither were my calls. and i tried and tried for 5 hours..at last, my not-so-strong heart began to crumble and all kinds of negativity swarmed over me...i knew there was something wrong, but at that point of time, i couldn't think logically (as some people can..i don't know how they do it). but there's just something wrong...he would normally reply my smses instantly or answer the phone after a few rings. sure, i've gone thru several reasons why he hasn't replied my smses and calls: ie. sleeping, phone out of battery, in a very important meeting..but all of these reasons didn't make sense to me since it's been too long...and, frantically, after not being able to do anything (coz i kept thinking of what might've happened to him), i called my sister-in-law and the moment she answered the phone, i was in my high-pitched voice crying and telling her i haven't been able to reach hubby. telling me to calm down, she told me to give him a few more hours..but after we hung up, she immediately called my parents in law and told them that i am freaking out. less than 15 minutes later, they both came, and again..yours truly cried like a little girl. hiyoooo...me and my emotional instability. i stopped crying, and made some tea for all of us...when my phone rang. there was nobody at the other end...so i suspected that it was my husband, trying to call me but since it's a long-distance call, there's bound to be some lags and he would have to try a few times to get a good connection. after about 5 calls, i finally got to hear his voice at the other end...it turned out that his phone was stolen and he was looking for it high and low..and finally decided to buy a calling card and call me. phewww...now i can start thinking again...but until he comes back, no more smses....nevermind, at least he'll be back soon..:)

today i am feeling rather pooped as i managed to get a few things done over at the immigration and registration department:

1. renew my passport which is going to expire in June (going to Bandung in may) - got it ready in less than 1 hr!!! since the lady was nice enough to acknowledge that i was 8 months pregnant and didn't want me to come again.

2. changed my address on my My Kad - will get it in 2 months

3. submit forms for my new maid - will be ready after chinese new year, which is not bad

so there, i killed three birds with one stone. i feel so good about it. tomorrow, got two more errands to run, including picking up a check which i thought was no longer possible. huuu huuu..come wednesday, i'm taking a break and plan to spend the day with my hubby who would be back by then. yayyy!!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

girl,
you're freaking out too much. it happened to me before, but somehow i managed to put logics behind it..why should we feed story into our own mind if it's not true and certain yet. I'm glad he's OK though. dah 8 bulan dah? aiyo.. sure berat kan ;)

8:42 AM  
Blogger Zetty said...

hahaha, i knew the freak-out feelings. There was one time when my ex drove from Philly to Carbondale IL. I knew he was supposed to arrive around 6pm that day. When he didnt call or return my calls till midnite...i started to call every hospitals to see if he was involved in accident or not haha. Mmg freak giller la.

11:24 AM  
Blogger fara-k said...

Anon,
father in law has given me a short lecture to not have such "was-was" thoughts and always think positive, with lots of selawat. I will try, inshaAllah..

Zetty,
hahah i left the bit about calling people i've never called before, just so that it could help me reach my husband!! hahaha..drama queens aren't we?! but i didn't dare to call the hospitals laaa....hiyooo.sakit perut makcik..

12:30 PM  
Blogger Leilanie said...

I sometimes, freak out over little things too...... especially if it concerns loved one.

eish eish..... I'm a Drama Queen !
though I try to deny it....
I know I am......
:)

8:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

whether this one replaces all long distance call card

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home