Tuesday, June 19, 2007

things that are therapeutic for me...

i'm sure a lot of us have our own things or activities that we do to channel out that stress or negative energy in us..but for me, it doesn't have to be at a time when i'm stressed, it can be whenever, in fact. i just find instant serenity in doing them...

Bake

yeah, this is one of my favorite things to do. i bake mostly cakes..not that i am crazy about cakes as in eating them..but the methodical approach of mixing all the ingredients into one bowl and finally getting a nice pretty cake is what makes me find baking very exciting..there has been times when my cakes don't turn out to be they way i wanted them...and when that happens, i will turn into a merciless snort who dumps the whole thing in the trash. yeah, people i have done that..i would rather dump it than looking at it with prolonged distress. but when my cakes turn out wonderfully fat and round and airy, i take pride in them by savoring the first bite and sharing it with my favorite people. :) very therapeutic indeed...

Nothing like retail therapy
This is my next favorite thing to do..but isn't necessarily therapeutic all the time..at times, i find it quite stressful to shop. like when i'm torn between two things but only plan on getting one. or when i really don't know what to get (like for birthdays, etc.). it can be therapeutic though when the things are cheap, and is worth every cent! like getting a cheap manicure, or pedicure or massage..

Blogging out..and blog-hopping
yeah, why do think i'm doing it right now??

Recipe books
loveee these things, especially the ones with pictures..

and...

Sushi
eating in general does not give me the same feelings as when i am having Japanese food..i guess it has to do with the little cups and saucer and chopsticks...they somehow always manage to calm me down and i find the whole experience rather satisfying indeed.

4 Comments:

Blogger Zetty said...

if i ever move to melaka, i will buy a house next to yours and pray that u feel stress everyday...

...so I can enjoy all the baking goodies hihihih.

9:38 PM  
Blogger fara-k said...

hahah...eh don't la pray for me to get stressed..you can come n taste my cakes whenever u come to this part of the world ok. just gimme a buzz...

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so agree with them recipe books... I thought i was weird when i find reading recipe books relaxing.. or does that makes us both weird?? hehehe.. but mind u, i read them more for the relaxation it gives me rather than actually looking for a recipe to cook...

6:02 PM  
Blogger Zetty said...

hey babe, if you read this comment..can you please email me at zettyj@yahoo.com

i need to ask you something la.

thanks!

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home