Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Post-birthday ramblings

A lot has happened on and since my birthday...
A few words to describe this year's birthday...
Traumatic, Exhaustive, and Fulfilling

and i shall describe it accordingly:

I hadn't been getting a good night sleep since the sunday prior to my birthday because Nazim was having fever, and it didn't subside until Wednesday (my bday). So, for three nights in a row i had been monitoring his temp and sponging and inserting suppositories up his...., and what not...and in the morning at work, i was yawning away...

So Wednesday was my birthday, and my parents came down and organized a small dinner with my parents-in-law, hubby and son at a restaurant, picked by me, for the convenience of the office bowling session after the dinner. Originally, my body told me it didn't have the energy to go bowling since i really needed some rest, and i should've listened to it..but no, i went on ahead but finally succumbed to my fatigueness after just one game. In the car, Nazim was coughing profusely, and it indicated that he was in pretty bad shape. So, we decided to take him to the A&E and get some medication or even have him warded for the night. But in end, i thought having him at home would be much better, and would cut the running around time for the next day, and the day after.

The next day, Aishah started to feel unwell, and is likely due to his brother. So, again, my sleeping was intermittently awoken with checking her temp, tepid sponging her, etc...

By Friday, Aishah's has started coughing and wasn't her usual jovial and hassle free-self anymore. I was of course, worried and really wanted things to get back to normal.

On Saturday, we left for KL since there's not much to do in Melaka. Aishah was not having fever anymore, but not 100% well either, while Nazim was 80% well.

Hubby treated me to a 2 and half hour long of pampering, smothering, and kneading of the body at a Bali-like spa, followed by a nice dinner courtesy of dad...I thought that was the night i was finally going to get my long-awaited good night of rest..

...when i ended up spending the night at the hospital with Aishah and the maid because Aishah had an asthma attack (of which we thought was just normal cough).

Alhamdulillah, she is recovering, and so is Nazim...I hope and pray Allah will keep blessing my family with good health, Amin.

p/s: looking forward to more spa activities when we're in Bali later this month! :)

4 Comments:

Blogger kimi azhan said...

Fara,

my oh my... what a way to celebrate your birthday! Anyway, I hope the kids are better now and you take care of yourself too... selalunye, lepas anak-2 sakit, mama n papa nye pulak akan demam - coz fatigue sgt! Itu based on my experience la... with my 3 kids!

5:06 PM  
Blogger dillazag said...

Happy Birthday Fara... I miss you soooo much, girl. Don't forget to take good care of yourself too, okay?

BTW, Saw your brother and gf at the PGLTM (S2) last Friday.. Lookng good, looking good.. :)

12:52 PM  
Blogger fara-k said...

Hi Kimi,
i guess u know as much as i do, that everytime our kids get sick, we worry about every single thing.alhamdulillah, she is slowly recovering.

hi kak dillz!
nice to hear from you my dear! i miss u big time too! i heard they went to see the play...and btw, it's his fiance, they're getting married soon. :)

11:40 PM  
Blogger Zetty said...

u r going to bali soon? lemme know if u need a reliabble cabbie. I have contact :)

11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home