Thursday, July 06, 2006

snak-ing...psssttt

i'm back in the office today, only to find not too many people are in today. including the Boss. half of them have gone for another workshop somewhere and the other half have gone...mengular...which brings me to want to vent out my ketidakpuashatian..if there is such a word...why don't they want to bring me along in their mengular activity/trip? haih....i don't know what is it with these people...one minute they are buddy2 with you and the next...total strangers!!! well, i guess this is just one of those office politics that i have to deal with...but i just feel so damn pissed at them for having this kind of mentality. i remember when i was working in the US, things like this don't/rarely happen. people are quite transparent with their feelings and in communicating with people, and office politics/beuracracy are non-existent.

so here i am, in the office, feeling a bit pissed and lonely, and what better way to express my feelings than in this blog. what is it with me that makes them not want to hang out with me? do i portray the "goody-two-shoes" employee who will leak out information about their mengular activities to the Boss? sheeshh...for goodness sake, i LOVEEEE to mengular...that's what i've been doing ever since i started working (ooopss..i hope none of my former bosses or present boss is reading this). anyway, maybe they think since i'm quite a newbie at this place so they shouldn't really get me involved in their activities just yet...or maybe not? maybe they just don't like me. ah well, it's ok, i'll get over it soon..

so what now?

i think i'll start doing my work (but i still can't help thinking how much fun they are having out there while i'm stuck in the office all alone).

7 Comments:

Blogger Leilanie said...

But I thought, you've just returned from a workshop, too, Fara?

It's OK dear.... not to worry.
You're just feeling lonely on this cold (and later very hot) Thursday morning.

Chill out - have a Kit Kat
:)

5:16 PM  
Blogger Zetty said...

maybe they didnt know u were coming back to office kot. Thats why they didnt invite u to mengular together2. Y not one of these days, u initiated the mengular urself...ajak diaorg sekali. hehehe.

9:57 AM  
Blogger fara-k said...

Leilanie,
yeah, i was at another workshop and they went to a different one. it's ok. you're right, it's just the thursday morning blues..

Zetty,
yelah, i should. kaylah nanti i make myself the snake leader.

1:33 PM  
Blogger Brinton said...

Hey there. I just stumbled on your blog. I was wondering if there's an English translation to "mengular."

11:43 PM  
Blogger fara-k said...

Hi Brinton,
thanks for droppin by. the closest meaning to the word would be MIA, missing in action, where u do non-work-related stuff DURING office hours. :)

12:48 PM  
Blogger kimi azhan said...

Fara... fara... fara... we (as in "the leo ladies") have one thing in common... "MIA" a.k.a "mengular" is part of us... sometimes we get caught red-handed, sometimes we escape and we LOL. And that adds fun to our live... don't you agree??

10:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eagle flies alone, Fara!

I found yr blog when I was looking for the newest Bandung map on the net. I’m going to go to Bandung next week.

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home