Wednesday, March 29, 2006

me three weeks after delivery

It's been almost 2 weeks since my last post. Not much relaxing done for the past 2 weeks. In fact, i've been too busy and too occupied to pamper and take care of myself. Yup...no lying down on the bed with baby next to me and catching up with sleep whenever she sleeps...that's no longer possible when i have Nazim tagging along with me all day long. Most people cringe when they hear me driving the car here and there just weeks after giving birth. What they don't know is I started driving after the 3rd day!! Ok, maybe that was a bit too much, but the baby was in the hospital because of jaundice, and i had to breastfeed and i felt fine, so i just took my keys and drove.

And now, after three weeks, i feel even more fine, and still people cringe at the idea of me going out and about. They make me scared with all these things that will happen to me...if i don't "jaga-jaga"..that's the typical word used among these ladies. I mean, what am i to do? Just sit and lie down on the bed and not move an inch? No wayyy...not with a very very active 2-year-old around. A lot of people say i might suffer from back aches and joint pains when i'm older for not taking care of myself better (by that they mean no going out lah) Is that really true? I mean i feel quite healthy now and on some days i feel tired..but don't we all? and i thought if i do get back aches and joint pains when i'm older (most old people suffer from this anyway) there would be medicines to take later on..hehehe...Of course, i don't totally denouce the whole pantang thingy...i still wear the bengkung (this one is a practical advise to stick to, as it keeps my back and posture straight, and it also helps to put that bulging tummy in) so, i'm quite religious at wearing this for at least 6 hours a day, but not to sleep, please..it's too tight and i need my space..The socks...hmm..given that up on the 2nd week...now i'll just wear my slippers in the house..Cold drinks...hmmm...was very very thirsty in the first week, so helped myself to several glasses of good old iced lemon tea...but now, trying to limit the cold stuff as i just found out that it really makes you bloat..

Hmmm..what else...i had my urut sessions for 6 days in a row..i think i'll pop by Amcorp this weekend to get another massage..The baby is doing fine, alhamdulillah, and is quite easy to look after. Being a second-timer, i can say that i feel more confident handling a baby and all that came with it (bathing, feeding, burping, etc.) and this time around, i am more disciplined, in the sense i don't rock her to sleep, like i did with nazim, and feeding time is more regimented, giving both her and me a good long (well, maybe not thattt long) rest at night.

5 Comments:

Blogger Sayuti said...

clicking random links from one blog to another, i've forgotten how i end up on your blog.

...but, i glad i did. you are one amazing lady!

and i feel like crying reading about your delivery.

may God protect you and all mothers in the world.

8:26 PM  
Blogger Leilanie said...

Hi dear,
mothers nowadays are very adventurous and energetic - but be careful - need that rest and beauty sleep, OK.

Take care and have a wonderful weekend.

10:10 AM  
Blogger kimi azhan said...

Fara dear, wow.... you really are taking pantang in a different perspective.. kind of admire your strength there. Just be careful not to go beyond the limit okay! My baby girl turn 1-year-old just 4 days before you had your princess!

5:54 PM  
Blogger fara-k said...

Hi Leilanie,
Yeah, i'm not forgetting the rest and beauty sleep altogether. :) a girl still needs that, just given birth or not.

Kimi,
I'm doing what my body can endure, and when i feel tired and can't take it anymore, i'll know when to stop. thanks for the advise :)

Sayuti,
Thanks for droppin by!

1:19 PM  
Blogger Sayuti said...

no prob.

:)

dropping by again just to check for update.

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home