Wednesday, January 04, 2006

brownie attack!

Last weekend, as i was strolling down the confectionery aisle at the village grocer in bangsar village, i saw something irrisistable...a Pillsbury brownie cake mix with walnuts!!! i grabbed it instantly and last night, i made the brownie with a little help from nazim. it's so nice that he can understand my intructions now and does it so obediently....aaahh my little angel. first, he helped me crack the egg (yes, just one egg is needed per box), and then he helped me beat the egg and the flour for a little while..and also get kakak to open the walnut packet (it came along in the box). he then poured the walnuts into the mixing bowl without me asking him!! (what a clever boy...i think he already has some culinary instincts in him..) he then helped carry all the dirty stuff back to the kitchen..(i did all this in front of the TV as i was too lazy to get up to go to the kitchen). half an hour later, a sweet smelling aroma came from the kitchen and tadaaa...my brownie is baked, at just the perfect height and texture. we ate most of it last night (hubby loved it too) and today i brought the leftover to the office..and as i am writing, i'm salivating over the last piece..the walnuts are so big and chunky and just makes you yearn for more. once in a while, it's nice to take the easy road to heavenly-tasting food...just add oil, water and egg and you're there!! easy-peasy.

4 Comments:

Blogger DebtSurvivor said...

mmm looks yummy... I love the confectionary shop in Bangsar Village. They do delicious breads and sweets...:)

10:26 AM  
Blogger kimi azhan said...

I like "fast" way of baking too... coz it makes me less stress... especially when my "assistants" started to fight over "it's my turn to break the egg now"...

12:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Emmm....Brownies..(Homer Simpson style)
Now, I know what will I be doing later this evening. Look for brownies.

9:15 AM  
Blogger Zetty said...

Pillsbury brownie is the best and the easiest to make too. Actually think abt it, the easiest is to go and buy the ready made ones hahaha.

-The Malas One-

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home