Wednesday, December 28, 2005

just killing time..

Just got an email from my brother who is supposed to come back from Nepal but is stranded there because there's a problem with his flight home. He's there with a couple of friends on a holiday (yeah..don't ask me..Nepal??). I had the same question too. hehehe..but being a person who has traveled to i'd say most parts of the world, i guess he was looking for something different. something he can tell his children and his grandchildren that he has been to Nepal and see the mount everest. He is my eldest brother, just 18 months older than me and will get hitched some time next year. soon, our family will get bigger...and my parents will have more grandchildren, insyaAllah..and nazim will have to get used to not being the ONLY grandchild anymore. I have another brother, who is 5 years younger than me but certainly not smaller. in fact, he's the tallest in the family (isn't it always the case?)...and that makes me the 2nd child and only daughter (read: most independent, reliable and loving heheh)

2006 marks the year i turn 29, just 1 year shy from 30!!! yikes!!! i can't believe it..i'm not going to be in my 20s anymore...i can see the lines under my eyes multiplying (gosh, these eye creams never work do they??) this coming year also marks my 3rd wedding anniversary (which i will be posting a special entry) and it's just 9 days after the new year which means, ushering in the new year will also mean that we're celebrating another year for the both of us...(plus since we are already splurging at the nice hotel, might as well, make it a double celebration right?)

work wise, i'm beginning to feel a little burned out lah..i don't know..i like the hours and all, but it's getting a little boring for me..(and also getting fed up with my employment status which is still unconfirmed). other places would only take 6 months max to confirm their staff, but not this institution...noooooo..they have to evaluate you for 2 freaking years!!! and that sucks, because i was already enjoying the benefits of the parent company before i join this subsidiary and because i am not a confirmed staff yet, i am denied of all the medical benefits for me and for my family. this is so unfair...it seems that career wise, i am going downhill..even wayyyy down hill compared to my first job when i graduated from college, where i earned 6 times more than what i am earning now..(working overseas maaa) why did i leave the job?? well, a lot of things..being an unmarried girl and only daughter, sponsor commitment, hubby (then bf) was going home too..so what was i to do?...even getting an MBA didn't get me anywhere here at this institution. don't i deserve a little recognition...duuhh..all that hard work..which is why i've put the idea of pursuing my PhD aside for the moment as i am not sure of my future with this institution. i hope and pray that things will look brighter for me work wise this coming year, insyaAllah.

enough about my sad career...i have other nice things to look forward to this coming year..:) a new baby, perhaps another honeymoon somewhere exotic..and the little things we do as a family everyday..Oh..and a tea gathering with a few classmates of mine from form 5!! that should be exciting!

2 Comments:

Blogger Leilanie said...

Dear Fara,
celebrate your age, as you age.....
'bout the eye-cream, I think SKII seems to work wonders for me. hee hee.
Whatever it is, it's important that you "feel" young, in order to "look" young. Don't shy away from the big THREE ZERO. Celebrate it !

And about the job.......... hmm....
the grass may not always be greener on the other side. Weigh your options and identify what's most important to you at this point of your life. The rest, will fall into place.....

Good luck to you and have a wonderful New Year, and a 3rd Wedding Anniversary, too.

1:03 AM  
Blogger Zetty said...

Ngam eh SKII tu? Tell me more...tell me more!

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home