Monday, December 26, 2005

Boxing Day

As asked by miss zetty, here's what i had to do for this entry:

1. Look for my 4th entry
2. Find my 3rd (or closest) sentence and post it for this entry.

....and this is what i found:
"so, as my hubby was watching a cooking show on the travel and living (guess where he got the bug from? hehe) channel on a sunday morning, he was inspired to have a nice western meal for buka puase. more specifically, he wanted to have Beef Wellington"

Ok so this posting was about that beef wellington me and amin made for one of our bukak puase this year..coincidentally, today, i made another western dish which i have not made before - chicken pie. i wanted to make chicken pot pie, but was too lazy to look up for the recipe on the net, so i just used my mom's "The Dairy Book of Home Cooking" and found a similar recipe, but without the 'pot'. i had earlier wanted to make my tuna quiche, but since amin isn't really a big fan of tuna or quiche, i thought i'd substitute it with chicken...and use the short crust pastry (as opposed to puff pastry) i made a few days ago to make chicken pie.

I'll post a picture of it later...

Despite it being a holiday today, i still feel dead tired today! my feet were killing me after all that standing from making the chicken pie (and i also tried to make chocolate eclairs for the first time). The choux pastry (the pastry for eclairs) was easy to make, and i think i managed to get the taste of it, but too bad, i didn't have icing sugar, so the supposed chocolate glazed didn't turn out so well :(..and i ran out of whip cream...oh well...

So after the whole fiasco in the kitchen, my feet just cannot tahan anymore and all i wanted to do was take a shower, and sleep!! and i did just that...after a 40-minute nap, i feel good as new :)

On another note, i've been feeling a little sad that my maid is going to leave us soon after 2 years. Despite her flaws, she has taken very good care of my son...and aside from me and amin, she's the next person whom he is attached to. They've developed quite a special bond, one which sometimes makes me a little envious. Nevermind the fact that she couldn't cook, she cleans well though..and what's most important is that she follows instructions well. I just hope my son will not be missing her so much...as it would be another problem later on which i don't want to think about at the moment. She's just so patient (this trait we sort of like instilled in her) with nazim and so devoted to him. She's not a mother yet, and not even married, but i'd say taking care of nazim for 2 years has certainly prepared her for motherhood. I just hope the new maid we are getting is just as good if not better than her, insyaAllah. I'm worried to about coping up with 2 kids with just one maid. People these days seem to have one maid for each kid! aiyoooo...koyak la poket macam ni...so i hope nazim will not be so difficult to handle once his sister is born. Otherwise penat laa mommy...

3 Comments:

Blogger Leilanie said...

I took the entire weekend to sleep and come boxing day, I was still tired.

The body is lack of zink....
I think.

Happy New Year to you, Fara.

10:31 AM  
Blogger Zetty said...

I am so going to visit ur place one of these days. The food that u make all sounds so yummylicious. Lapar nyaaaa!!

5:11 PM  
Blogger fara-k said...

Zetty,
boleh ajer, tapi i ni selalu takut tak jadi when it comes to serving it to people..u know..nervous..heheh..at least kalau tak jadik for hubby, not so segan la..

Leilanie,
i think we're just in a holiday mood!! :))

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home