Tuesday, November 22, 2005

It's Toosday

I had to go for the check up myself today since amin is out of town. Hmm...i hope he does make an effort to come with me for the coming check ups (and i mean even if it is our 3rd or 4th child check ups as well). I guess it's quite natural that a husband would feel less excited to accompany the wife after he has gone to all the check ups for the first born. After all, it's all the same procedure, go into doctor's clinic, doctor checks your report and refreshes his memory on how far along are you, takes your blood pressure, asks you to lie down, presses a tub of cold lubricant on your tummy and starts to probe your bulging tummy with the ultrasound machine.

Since this is my second baby, i've gotten quite used to looking at ultrasound images and the first clear image that i saw today of my baby was her (yeah, the doctor reconfirmed it) opening and closing her mouth!! and then of her clenching and unclenching her fists, her healthy beating heart, her legs, her head, nose, fingers, butts and organs such as liver and stomach. Alhamdulillah, all is fine. :) As usual, the doctor would take a measurement of the baby's head and see if it corresponds to the baby's thigh bones. Every time the doctor manuvered the probe to a different area on my tummy, i would guess which part he is focusing at and i would confirm with him if it's the part that i think it is. He spent quite a long time looking at the heart and internal organs and i didn't really know what he was looking for...so i asked..and he said he's just checking if all the arteries and 'flow' of the heart and other organs are alright. It can be quite nerve wrecking when a doctor is keeping his silence..but that's just how my doctor is. He doesn't say much..but he does tell you things you need to know...and that's more important. My visit concluded with a urine test and a blood test which i have procrastinated for a long time....now i have about 16 more weeks till delivery.

i don't have anything to wear for a function tomorrow night!!! i've already worn all my pregnancy sized baju kurungs for raya. gotta look for one soon!!! and i also have to look for amin's black baju melayu....i know he has it somewhere. but i just don't know where!! alrighty then, time for me to stretch my ever-aching back. Any suggestions on how to minimize this backache anybody? doctors? mothers? I feel like i could have a massage now, but i know that's not such a good idea..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home