Monday, November 21, 2005

This week i am in my 24th week of pregnancy, which translates to be about 6 months. Tomorrow will be my monthly check up with my gynae and perhaps we can confirm (again) the sex of the baby, just to make sure. The doctor told us it is going to be a girl last month and both amin and i were shocked! Maybe we were very sure it's going to be a boy again (or maybe we were secretly hoping it was a boy so that nazim will have a playmate) but, nonetheless, we are grateful to Allah boy or girl. I skipped lunch again today because i went to do my hair treatment (this place i'm going to is soo damn mahal, and i am planning to stop going once my treatments are finished!! will try cheaper sources to get the same result i am getting now) and am starving now! Luckily i have some kuih raya in my office and will make a cuppa coffee later.

I was like a mad lady end of last week, going up and down KL-Melaka as if the distance was like KL-PJ. I decided to follow amin to KL on thursday night (thinking i should just take leave on friday). So, we arrived in KL just in time for a lovely dinner at a Thai restaurant in Bangsar Village. (oooh we love that restaurant and its chains around klang valley). Had our usual Thai iced tea, pandan chicken, clear tom yam gung, and steamed garoupa. This time we skipped the daun kadok appetizer...as we wanted to have a quick dinner.

When we arrived home, my brother said he was going to melaka in the morning, and in my heart, i thought, hmm...should i just go to work anyway tomorrow, since i won't really have anything to do in KL since amin will be leaving for Ipoh very very early the next morning. Not that i have any classes, but i still could get some work done on friday. After much thought, i decided to leave for melaka the next morning..so there i was, making that 2 hour trip again i had just made the night before. Got a lot of work done on friday, and in a way, i'm glad i didn't take leave coz i would have wasted my leave by just sitting around my mom's house, doing nothing. That same afternoon, i followed my brother back to kl, but nervous as a wreck on the way, as i was scared we were going to be trapped in the jam as i had a wedding to attend that evening!!! But my brother managed to fly us in an hour and a half (with a little traffic once we reached KL) and amin still wasn't home when i reached PJ around 6.15 p.m. Glad to say, amin and i made it safely to the wedding at 8.15 p.m....Even though we only got to eat at 9.30 p.m., the food was delicious, and i even had a second helping, but couldn't care if anyone was looking as clearly, i was eating for two :) hehehe..(excuses excuses)

Haaaa...watched Harry Potter last night and despite being uncomfortable throughout the whole show with my back aching and trying to sit in the most comfortable position for my stomach (which was quite futile) i really enjoyed the show!! I will definitely watch again, but in the comfort of my own couch, where i can stretch my back and legs all i want.

Just want to take this opportunity to wish an Assuntarian friend of mine, Cindy and hubby congratulations on your recent wedding!!! And also, to Syariza (amin's cousin) and hubby whose wedding we attended that friday night. May you and partner have a great life together!
Now time for me to have that cuppa coffee.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

a'kum... if u still remember me from cornell-razman. intresting la to read your latest news... wah... dah ada anak lak tu... all d best!

12:24 AM  
Blogger fara-k said...

Hey...have not heard of/from you for so long. Apa khabar? drop me an email.

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home